The Mahavidya Peetha has its own publication division, J.S.S. Grantha Mala, which has already publisheda number of valuable books. ‘Prasada’ a quarterly magazine in Kannada is a prestigeious publicaiton of the institution.
There is also a ‘Kalamantapa’ to patronise fine arts. Religious conferences are often held under the chairmanship of the Jagadguruji to which the heads of all religious faiths and renowned scholars are invited to take part.
Once in a year, some time in the month of december a week long programmes will be held at Mysore under the auspices of ‘Jagadguru Sri Shivarathreeswara Jayanthi’ Celebrations, on the last day of which the Jagadguruji ascends the Holy Seat in the presence of thousands of devotees.
CDs, DVDs and audio tapes too are published regularly on such discourses and other various activities of the Math and Mahavidyapeetha for the benefit of the devotees.
List of Publications
- Granthamala, Mysore - Jagadguru Sri Shivarathreeswara Granthamala: Jagadguru Sri Shivarathreeswara Granthamala was established in 1939 for the purpose of dissemination of knowledge and social reformation through educational tools. The objective of the Granthamale is to propogate vachana literature, Philosophy religon and art. It has brought out 160 titles in Kannada, English, Tamil & Telugu.
- Prasada (Bi monthaly) - "Prasada" is a Bi-monthly magazine in Kannada, devoted to religon, philosophy, culture, art and Indian history. Founded in 1968 (as bi-monthly since 1985), it has a wide readership base and acts as an exlcusive forum for dissemination of knowledge relating to religon and philosophy with special emphasis on veeasaiva literature and culture. There are 5,000 subscribers to this magazine. Subscription - Annual: Rs. 100/-, Life Member: Rs. 500/-
- Sharanapatha (Half yearly) - "Sharana Patha", a Half-yearly Journal started in 1988, is devoted to Sharana philisophy, literature, Indian art and culture. Several articles of religious interest written by scholars are published in the journal. It is published in January and July every year. Presently, there are about 3,500 subscribers to the magazine.
- JSS Vartha Patra (Monthly) - JSS News Bulletin is a in-house magazine giving out information on educationl projects, innovations and achievements of institutions run by the JSs Mahavidyapeetha. It also covers the social, religious and cultutral activities of Sri Suttur Math.
- JSS Sanskrit Research Centre - JSS Sanskrit Research Centre, located at the JSS Women's College (Saraswathipuram, Mysore - 570 009) is engaged in research and publication of rare Sanskrit manuscripts. This is being funded by Rashtriya Samskritha Paristhana.
- Public Library
- Book House